Sunday, January 8, 2012

Art/wall decor for teen bedroom?

My room was recently re-painted. The walls are a tan color with one accent wall that is a cornflower/periwinkle blue. I would like some ideas on cheap DIY ideas for my walls. Something like cutting a picture in half or thirds and putting it on picture frames in a sequence. Pictures of the craft would be great just so I can get a feel of what it looks like.

Art/wall decor for teen bedroom?
Stretching fabric on inexpensive stretcher frames (found in art stores) can be a great way to get some color/graphics on the wall. The frames are easy to slip together, then use a staple gun to stretch and attach the fabric to the frame.



If you can paint a design on the wall - find a design you like and use an inexpensive projector to enlarge the image onto your wall. A neat effect is to use a paint color a tone lighter or darker than the main wall paint color.
Reply:I think that is a great idea and I have seen it done many times on HGTV. Sorry I don't have anything to show you.


No comments:

Post a Comment